The Blackmagic Desing 40x40 Smart Videohub SDI video matrix supports all common video formats. It has 40 12G-SDI inputs and 40 12G-SDI outputs so you can route any combination of SD, HD, UltraHD 4K and DCI 4K video. It supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 color sampling and internal processing is 10-bit for smoother gradations. Routing can be controlled by remote panels and via Ethernet using the software that comes bundled with the product, as well as wirelessly via an iPad. It includes an integrated LCD display on which to monitor sources on the matrix itself, which can be controlled with buttons and a spin knob.
The Smart Videohub is ideal for both large broadcast systems and live productions, as its compact size, occupying only two rack units, makes it possible to include it in a portable rack.
Blackmagic Smart VideoHub 40x40 Video Matrix Features
- SDI Video Input: 40x 10-bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 12G‑SDI.
- SDI Video Output: 40x 10-bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 12G‑SDI..
- Reference input: Black Burst and Tri-level Sync in SD/HD/4K.
- Reference output: Loop output with input.
- Bit rate: Auto-detection of SD, HD or 12G-SDI.
- Simultaneous distribution of 4K/HD/SD signals.
- Upgrades: Via USB port or Ethernet network.
- Control: 40 control buttons. 6 buttons and scroll wheel for LCD control or RJ45 connection for Ethernet networks.
- Configuration: Via front panel LCD display or RJ45 connection for Ethernet networks. USB port only for internal software update and IP address configuration.