Wireless transmission system for SDI and HDMI video signals, with a range of 300 meters for uncompressed video at resolutions up to 1080p60 with a latency below 1 millisecond.
Robust manual frequency management
The Dwarf Connection CLR2.MKII video link does not use DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) as it is a limiting pairing process, but instead employs manual frequency management (MFM). This allows for a more stable connection in difficult conditions and crowded environments. Setting up the connection between transmitter and receiver is quick and easy, almost as easy as plug and play.
The spectrum analyzer via the HDMI output together with manual frequency selection enables active frequency management, and thus ensures smooth and stable transmission.
DC-LINK systems allow the use of as many receivers as required, allowing maximum flexibility in a studio, on a set or in a live production environment. In addition, the transmitter is compatible with all previous DWARF DC-LINK receiver systems and can be expanded with an unlimited number of other Dwarf Connection receivers.
The wireless transmitter, in addition to its aluminum construction, has a fan to ensure proper heat dissipation. The fans can be switched on or off in the so-called cinema mode, controlled via the camera's Record and Stop buttons.
Metadata, such as timecode, is also transmitted to all outputs.
Ease of use
A simple navigation menu and a high-quality OLED display provide the necessary guidance, even in bright environments. Despite the small size of the CLR2, HDMI and SDI connectors are available on both transmitters and receivers. The receiver can supply video to up to three devices simultaneously, via the 2 SDI connections and one HDMI connection.
For size reasons, the CLR2 does not have battery plates as standard. Both transmitter and receiver can be powered with the supplied D-Tap cables. Mounting the optional battery plates (available separately) is a simple procedure. The input voltage range of 9-18V ensures the greatest possible flexibility in the smallest possible size.
Features of the Dwarf CLR2.MK2 wireless video transmitter
- Wireless video transmission with HDMI and SDI up to 300m
- Frequency scanner over HDMI output
- Controllable fans
- OSD can be switched off
- OLED display on the side
- Supports metadata and start/stop function
- Fully compatible with predecessors LR1 and CLR1
- Uncompressed video up to 1080p60 4:2:2 10-bit on SDI and 4:4:4:4 on HDMI
- Delay less than 1ms
- 3G-SDI and HDMI with integrated cross conversion (HDMI to SDI / SDI to HDMI)
- Works with an unlimited number of wireless receivers
- Manual frequency selection, no pairing required
- Stable connection established by preset channels and no use of DFS
- Works in license free 5Ghz-ISM band.
- CLR2.MKII transmitter and receiver units.
- Practical and robust carrying case with capacity for up to three receivers
- D-Tap cable for transmitter and receiver (power supply not included)
- Sword-type flexible antennas (including spare antennas)
- Magic arm and Hot-Shoe mount
- Quick Start Guide
- USB flash drive with manual