The NewTek Spark Plus I/O 3G-SDI is a bi-directional Video IP converter designed to work with the NewTek NDI protocol. It supports up to 1080p60 input and output from NDI to 3G-SDI and 3G-SDI to NDI. It allows SDI video sources to be connected for live streaming over the Internet or other broadcast platforms. Spark Plus SDI is controlled via a web-based user interface for configuration and monitoring.
The NDI protocol allows all NDI-capable video equipment to freely recognise and interact with each other, as long as they are connected to the same network. Spark SDI Plus is designed to transmit 3G-SDI video from a video source to a computer or IP-based video workflow for gaming, corporate meetings, broadcast scheduling or other streaming media presentations. It also allows any 3G-SDI source to be converted to support hundreds of NDI-compliant systems, devices and applications that can be connected on the same network, allowing SDI sources to be efficiently integrated into IP Video-based video capture and production workflows. It also encodes and converts NDI signals for output via the 3G-SDI output for editing, recording, etc.
The Spark Plus features Power over Ethernet, PoE, a portable form factor that is easy to mount, analogue audio input and output, Program and Preview Tally LEDs, virtual NDI input, multicast mode and NDI network identification.
NewTek Spark Plus IO 3G-SDI NDI Converter features
- 3G/HD-SDI video input and output (75 ohm impedance) with embedded audio
- NDI input and output, compatible with any NDI workflow
- NDI transfer modes: UDP unicast/multicast with error correction (FEC) and TCP unicast
- Support for 1080p and 720p video at up to 60 frames per second
- Multicast mode
- Network identification to apply customised device and channel names
- Remote configuration and monitoring via web-based user interface
- 3.5 mm analogue audio line in and out
- Tally LED indicator for Program and Preview
- Portable and mountable
- NDI virtual input compatible with popular video applications through the included software driver, including Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, and more.