The BirdDog Eyes P200 PTZ camera combines the BirdDog NDI chip with a powerful 30x optical zoom with Sony's backlit image sensor and image module to form a Full-NDI 1080p60 PTZ camera designed to be used in large indoor spaces such as pavilions, auditoriums or theaters. Thanks to the fast autofocus and 30x zoom guaranteed by Sony's genuine imaging module, the BirdDog P200 is suitable for capturing all fast action in applications such as sports events. Compared to other types of NDI, such as NDI|HX, which is a compressed variant that achieves 12Mb/s, the P200 incorporates the full, variable bit-rate, visually lossless iFrame NDI codec, which achieves up to 140Mb/s at 1080p60.
The connectivity you need
Simultaneous SDI, HDMI and Full-NDI outputs make the camera an all-in-one solution. It is possible to control the Eyes P200 live via its NDI workflow or to integrate RS-422, RS-485 and RS-232 serial control. In addition, when working in SDI mode, it is possible to control the camera from the optional BirdDog PTZ keypad, via NDI, or use the RS-422/RS-232 control ports. The BridDog P200 can be powered by Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or via the included power adapter.
Intercom and management software
The Eyes P200 includes the free version of the BirdDog intercom software, Comms Lite, which supports up to four BirdDog devices. The Comms Lite software is Windows compatible and offers features such as push to talk to the director, mute the camera operator, auto-detect NDI sources, camera audio monitoring and direct access to the web console. For a more complete version of the application, an optional upgrade to Comms Pro is available. The camera is also compatible with the optional BirdDog Central software, which helps you decode NDI to HDMI or SDI.
BirdDog P200 PTZ camera features
- Fast 30x optical zoom and auto focus
- Genuine Sony image module
- Suitable for capturing fast action at sporting events
- Designed for large indoor venues such as stadiums, auditoriums and large meeting rooms
- BirdDog custom NDI chip; up to 140Mb/s 1080p60 Full-NDI
- Sony backlit sensor
- Simultaneous and live SDI, HDMI, full NDI and CVBS outputs
- NDI and RS-422/RS-485/RS-232 control, via dedicated RJ45 ports
- Supports optional BirdDog PTZ keypad
- Image stabilization function when zoom is set to 30x ensures reduced blur
- True SNR of 130dB
- 128 speed presets up to 150°/sec (up to six presets can be stored on the included remote control)
- Audio input and output support with NDI transmission
- Powered via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or the included power adapter
- Includes BirdDog Comms Lite audio intercom software (Windows)