The Gefen EXT-UHDV-KA-LANS-RX is the receiving unit of a KVM over IP with 4K UltraHD support in HDMI and VGA. The Gefen 4K Ultra HD and VGA KVM KVM over IP extends HDMI, VGA, USB, bidirectional audio, RS-232 and IR. The Transmitter features a 1U high and half frame wide cabinet, perfect for rackmount using the Gefen EXT-RACK-1U-GRY tray (available separately). It can also be mounted on the surface or placed on a shelf. The receiver can also be rackmounted using the rackmount tray, surface mounted or placed on a shelf. When used with the included IR Extender module, this low-profile unit can be hidden behind a screen or in the computer cabinet.
The integrated VideoWall receiver controller adapts to any display configuration up to 16x16 and provides great flexibility in sizing and manipulation of live and signage content in demanding installations such as sports bars and restaurants, or in corporate, educational, hospitality and retail establishments. When used in conjunction with the EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller, the system configuration is automatic and fast. Enhanced network security through separation of control and AV networks is also possible when used with EXT-CU-LAN. Other control options include front panel buttons, web server interface, Telnet, UDP, and Gefen Keyboard Keyboard Switching Controller software (available for download at www.gefen.com). A built-in 3-port Gigabit switch on each receiver allows additional receivers to be connected, providing daisy-chain functionality. In applications such as digital signage, where it may be necessary to replicate content across multiple displays throughout the entire installation, the capacity of cascading receivers essentially eliminates the requirement for a cable to connect directly to the main network switcher, thereby extending the range of these units far beyond the limits of a point-to-point video distribution system. The Transmitter and Receiver can be used as nodes in a virtual matrix environment with a combination of just over 65,000 Transmitter and Receiver units, where any source can be routed to any or all screens.
The Transmitter and Receiver can be used as KVM extenders in a one-to-one system by connecting them directly to an Ethernet cable. Each cable goes from a Transmitter to a Receiver or from a Transmitter or Receiver to the mains switch and can be up to 100 meters (330 feet).
Input resolutions up to 4K@60Hz 4:2:0 and HDR, and output resolutions up to 4K@30Hz 4:4:4 are supported together with lossless HDCP 2.2 and 1.4, and 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio and LPCM. The Gefen EXT-UHDV-KA-LANS-TX and RX have HDMI and VGA inputs and outputs, and can support DVI when using Gefen HDMI to DVI cables. The emitter unit also has a VGA output for local source monitoring. VGA input and output supports VESA resolutions up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz (WUXGA).
RS-232 and 2-way IR routing between transmitting and receiving units enables the transfer of IR commands and RS-232 communications between all sources and displays. With selectable HDMI and VGA inputs, HDMI and VGA outputs, USB/KVM routing capability, 4K with HDR support, and a host of new state-of-the-art enhancements, these Gefen Video over IP products fully meet the growing needs of system integrators. The digital and analog audio output allows HDMI output audio to be sent to a separate audio system, increasing the impact of large room presentations. USB routing and the receiver's USB hub with two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 1.1 ports support touch panels, keyboard and mouse, and a variety of compatible USB devices. This feature, along with analog audio inputs and outputs, makes these products perfect for use in interactive and collaborative installations.
Gefen EXT-UHDV-KA-LANS-RX features
- Extends HDMI, VGA, USB, RS-232, bidirectional analog stereo audio and IR over IP, using a Gigabit local area network.
- Supports input resolutions up to 4K@60Hz 4:2:0 in HDMI and up to 1920x1200@60Hz in VGA (WUXGA).
- Supports output resolutions up to 4K@30Hz 4:4:4 in HDMI and up to 1920x1200@60Hz or 1080p FullHD in VGA.
- Supported HDMI features:
- HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
- Deep Color
- Lip-Sync pass-through
- Supports uncompressed LPCM digital audio with up to 7.1 channels.
- Supports up to 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS: X, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- When used with Gefen DVI to HDMI cables (not included), it supports the use of DVI sources and DVI displays up to 1080p FullHD and 1920x1200 (WUXGA).
- The integrated VideoWall controller supports any number of rows and columns up to 16x16.
- Fast mass firmware upgrade, automated configuration and enhanced control capabilities and system security when used with the Gefen EXT-CU-LAN matrix controller.
- Integrated web interface, Telnet and UDP.
- Compatible with Gefen Keyboard Switching Controller software, available for download at www.gefen.com.
- Supports 39,900 senders and a combination of just over 65,000 sender and receiver units, depending on the network bandwidth and the number of ports on your network switch.
- Two USB 2.0 ports with data rates up to 480 Mbps and support for USB 1.1.
- Two USB 1.1 ports for use with Human Interface Devices (H.I.D.).
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) allows the new transmitting and receiving units to be powered via a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, without the need for external power supplies.
- Three-port Gigabit Ethernet switch integrated into the receiving unit.
- Transmitter mode switch on for sharpness or optimizing image movement.
- Real-time upgradeable firmware via the EXT-CU-LAN controller or integrated web server interface.
- Locking the power connectors.
- Half width rack rack for transmitter and receiver units. Can be rackmounted with EXT-RACK-1U-GRY (optional).
- The transmitter and receiver can also be surface mounted using the included L-brackets.
- Low-profile receiver cover with IR port Extender and can be hidden behind the screen.