|Avacab Authorized Dealer
On September 12, 2023, the Japanese brand launched its new FUJIFILM GFX100 II with a 55mm diagonal image sensor (43.8mm x 32.9mm), approximately 1.7 times larger than a 35mm full-frame sensor. This is a 102MP CMOS II HS sensor, the processor has also changed and has been upgraded with an X-Processor 5. To ensure shake-free shots and photos, this GFX is equipped with a 5-axis IBIS image stabilizer that has eight stabilization steps. Fujifilm has opted to mount its own G-mount to make a body compatible with the entire range of Fujifilm lenses. Other lens mounts can be used with the corresponding adapter.
Fujifilm has opted for a great camera where at the photographic level has improved subject detection with AF and improved burst performance. It is a camera that has also improved its video function allowing internal recording up to 4K/60P 4:2:2 bit 4K/60P. These parameters make it perfect for both professional users (filmmakers, videographers or photographers) and highly skilled amateurs.
The Fujifilm GFX100 II while maintaining the 102MP, thanks to the new X-Processor 5 increases image quality, processing speed and also an increase in focus speed and continuous shooting, all resulting in a more professional video recording. Its AF tracking algorithm is based on artificial intelligence just like that of the Fujifilm X-H2s.
This new Fujifilm GFX100 II has great capabilities for video/cinema as it allows recording 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit 4K/60P video internally and for the first time in this GFX series it supports 8K/30P. For Full HD recording it offers 120P. In addition you can record with ISO100 as standard sensitivity to avoid noise as much as possible.
The internal recording allows MOV ProRes 422, HQ and LT, HEVC/H265 and MPEG4/H264 and in MP4 AVC/H264 and ACC and through HDMI allows to output RAW files. When combined with Blackmagic Video Assist monitors, thanks to its latest update, it allows recording in Blackmagic RAW (at resolutions up to 8K and 29.97fps). This is also a great advantage because if you combine the GFX100 II recording with DaVinci for further editing the metadata is included in the file with the advantage that this entails.
Recording support is on SD cards and also CFexpress (it is also possible to record on SSD drives), the codec compression method can be LongGOP or All-Intra. As a high-end cinema camera, the F-Log2 curve has been incorporated, for this reason it is possible to reach 14 steps of dynamic range (when set to F-Log2 D with range priority).
This camera has a multitude of facilities for optimal and efficient shooting such as the inclusion of a waveform monitor, a vectorscope, zebra setting and other useful features. The Fujifilm GFX100 II supports various film recording formats, including Premista, 35mm and anamorphic (35mm). In addition, with a G to PL mount adapter, cinematographers have the facility to use any film mount lens.
In terms of connections, the GFX100 II
has an HDMI
that can output to an external monitor and USB-C
where you can record in all modes including 4K/60p and 8K/30p*. On the other hand, a new feature is that it includes an Ethernet
port (1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T) which will make it possible to expand connections in real time in terms of transmissions.
In this kit the Fujifilm GFX100 II
is bundled with the Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor
which is an editing keyboard and comes with a DaVinci Resolve Studio
license. This keyboard is compatible with both macOS and Windows editing systems running DaVinci, providing keyboard shortcuts and controls that speed up editing compared to using a mouse. Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor
is a small hardware, so it allows us to have mobility
with the editing equipment, its battery allows us to use it via Bluetooth, it also charges and can be connected to the computer via USB-C (optional). The Speed Editor is a fast editing keyboard that includes dedicated keys and jog search
. Blackmagic has made this keyboard from machined metal. The DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor
features Bluetooth technology, which allows it to be used wirelessly, even in conjunction with a regular keyboard. This is ideal when using laptop computers.
The search knob features a machined metal design, with a balanced weight, allowing you to quickly
rotate it to scroll through the timeline. It also provides the ability to instantly trim with great precision by pressing one of the dedicated keys.
Includes activation key for DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- Resolution:102 megapixels
- Sensor size: 43.8x32.9mm
- Processor: X-processor 5
- Electronic display: 1" of 9.44Mpx
- Integrated stabilizer: 5 axes
- Sensor color filter: Bayer
- Image size: 11648x8736 pixels
- Iso range: 100 to 12,800 (extended to 50 and 102,400) ISO80 nominal
- Metering system: 256-zone TTL metering system with multi-, spot, center-weighted and average options
- Shutter range: P mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 60min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb: up to 60min. *Mechanical shutter operates up to 1/4000 sec.
- Continuous shooting: Approximately 8sec.
- Exposure modes: PASM
- Exposure compesation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 EV steps in still mode,+/-2 EV in 1/3 EV steps in movie mode
- Monitor: 2.36 million dots, 3.2 inch tilting (three directions) touch screen color LCD monitor, aspect ratio: 4:3
- Focus: Single and continuous AF, manual
- Video: 8K (17:9) 24p/23.98p / 8K (16:9) 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB-C, HDMI, audio input, Ethernet
- Storage media: SDHC/SDXC card slot, UHS-I/UHS-II compliant. CFexpress Type B. SSD (USB-C)
- Dimensions: Width: 152.4 mm, Height: 103.5 mm, Depth: 73.5 mm, (Min. depth: 46.5 mm) (including EVF)
- Weight: Including battery and memory card: Approx. 948g (including EVF: 1.030g)
*Depending on the type of SSD, there are some modes and formats that cannot be recorded.