Light 4K camera, with four-thirds HDR sensor, 13-step dynamic range and Dual native ISO up to 25,600. It allows to capture images in HDR without worrying about the shortage of light. External controls for quick access to essential functions and 5-inch touch screen to frame shots, focus accurately and change camera settings. It allows to record contents in RAW and ProRes, at a maximum frequency of 120f/s and store them in SD / UHS-II or CFast 2.0 cards. It has a Micro Four Thirds mount, integrated microphone, mini-XLR input, HDMI output and USB-C expansion port. It also provides compatibility with Bluetooth technology and supports the use of three-dimensional LUT tables.
Its carbon fiber polycarbonate chassis makes it extremely durable and lightweight. The 5-inch touch screen, the microphones, the built-in recording function, the external buttons and the rotary controls provide quick access to the most important functions, which means that it is possible to check the frame and focus immediately, as well how to capture audio and images without using external monitors or recorders. In addition, it has numerous threaded holes, a mini-XLR input for audio with Phantom power and Bluetooth control. It is an integral and flexible solution, with all the features of digital cinematographic cameras in a portable design.
It has a four-thirds sensor with a resolution of up to 4096x2160 and a dynamic range of 13 steps. The size of the sensor reduces the clipping factor, offering a wider field of view. It has a maximum native dual ISO of 25,600. The camera can record at a frequency of up to 60f/s in 4K definition and up to 120f/s in HD, by reducing the sensing area of the sensor. It includes the fourth generation of Blackmagic colorimetry, with dynamic cinematic range of video or extended video.
The mount is Micro Four Thirds, just like the original version, so you can use the lenses already acquired.
It offers three storage options. You can record on common SD cards, in UHS-II or CFast 2.0. To record in HD, conventional SD cards are enough, while UHS-II cards are suitable for UHD content in ProRes at a maximum frequency of 60f/s, or RAW at 30f/s. CFast cards are compatible with all image frequencies in 12bit RAW format. In the case of longer productions, it is possible to record directly to an external SSD or a flash disk using the integrated USB-C expansion port.
The high-speed USB-C port is fast and flexible, and can provide power. Allows you to connect external accessories, such as flash drives or SSD, for longer recordings. It is essential when filming content at 12bit high-quality RAW format without loss of information, or even in 4K definition, with an image frequency of 60f/s.
It includes the same operating system as the URSA Mini camera, so it has advanced and evolving software, with many professional features. The Blackmagic operating system offers control over the advanced features of the camera, including the use of three-dimensional LUT during recording or monitoring, HDR image transmission via HDMI output, metadata input, customization of settings, remote control via Bluetooth, use of extended video mode and external audio code through audio input and recording in RAW format.
The 5-inch touch screen, located on the back of the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, is ideal for framing shots and get a precise focus, without the need of an external monitors. It allows to use three-dimensional LUT to visualize the shots with the desired style, which can also be kept in the recorded material. It has a speaker located next to the screen that facilitates the playback of the contents during recording.
Features of the digital cinema camera Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Effective sensor size: 18.96mm x 10mm (Four Thirds)
- Frame: Micro Four Thirds active.
- Lens control: Diaphragm, focus and focal length on compatible lenses.
- Dynamic range: 13 steps.
- Capture resolutions:
- 4096 x 2160 (DCI 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (UHD)
- 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- Image Frequencies: The maximum image frequency of the sensor depends on the resolution and the selected format. Reproduction image frequencies: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 f/s.
- Other image frequencies: up to 60f/s in DCI 4K or 120f/s in HD by reducing the usable area of the sensor.
- Focus: The FOCUS button allows to activate the focus indicator and the auto focus function on compatible lenses.
- Diaphragm control:
- Wheel and touch control for manual adjustment on electronic lenses.
- Button for instant automatic adjustment in compatible lenses, so as not to lose pixels in the Film mode.
- Average self-exposure value for scenes in Video mode.
- Dimensions of the screen: 5" - 1920x1080.
- Screen type: Capacitive LCD touch screen.
- Metadata: Automatic data entry from electronic Micro Four Thirds lenses. Automatic storage of camera settings and keypad information, for example: project, scene number, shot and special notes.
- 5-inch touch screen with menus.
- 1 x Power switch
- 1 x Recording button
- 1 x Stills Button
- 1 x Scroll wheel with push button
- 1 x Button for ISO sensitivity
- 1 x Button for white balance
- 1 x Button for opening the diaphragm
- 3 x Fn buttons configurable for software
- 1 x Button for high frequency image (HFR)
- 1 x Zoom button
- 1 x Menu button
- 1 x Button for playback
- 1 x Button to focus
- 1 x Button for diaphragm