The BirdDog PF120 Full-NDI 1080p box camera, with 20x optical zoom, is capable of sending video and receiving control commands via NDI. The PF120 is designed to capture static shots of a specific area of the environment, such as meeting rooms, conference applications, hands-on demonstrations, etc. Features of the box-type camera include a Sony CMOS sensor, a 20x optical zoom lens, a 49mm filter thread for optional filters or wide-angle adapters, and a large Tally light.
The camera offers video up to 1080p60 via its HDMI and Full-NDI outputs. It can also be used as a webcam connected directly to the computer via its USB type B, thanks to the use of the UVC video transmission protocol, compatible with the most popular video streaming platforms, such as Zoom, Teams, WebEx and others.
On the audio side, it includes a 3.5mm audio input and output, allowing analog audio to be added to streams. The PF120 also supports a Dante audio option, via its LAN port, by installing a separately available firmware upgrade. The RS-232 port allows control of camera settings and it is also possible to use Full-NDI controls, on a compatible NDI network.
Mounting and power supply
The BirdDog PF120 is constructed with a durable metal housing, and can be mounted on tripod, plate or platform, using its 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads. The camera can be powered via the included tethered DC adapter or conveniently via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) when installed on a compatible network.
BirdDog PF120 Camera Features
- Sony CMOS sensor captures up to 1080p60 video resolution
- Full color matrix with color temperature control
- Large Tally light on the front
- Full NDI and HDMI video outputs
- Use as a webcam with UVC compliant USB Type B video output
- 3.5mm audio input and output, optional Dante support
- 20x optical zoom
- 49 mm thread for filter or wide-angle/fisheye lens
- Powered by PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) or the included power supply unit
- Durable metal housing