The NewTek Spark Plus I/O 4K is an HDMI to Video IP signal converter, designed to use the open source NDI standard developed by NewTek. It supports up to UHD 4Kp60 input and output, NDI to HDMI and HDMI to NDI. It allows you to connect a professional camera, webcam or computer for live streaming over the Internet or other broadcast platforms. Spark Plus HDMI is controlled via a web user interface for configuration and monitoring.
The NDI protocol allows all NDI compliant video equipment to recognise and interact freely with each other, provided they are connected to the same network. Spark Plus I/O 4K is designed to transmit HDMI video from a video source to a computer or IP-based video workflow for gaming, corporate meetings, broadcast scheduling or other streaming media presentations. It also allows you to convert any HDMI source to support hundreds of NDI-compliant systems, devices and applications that can be connected on the same network, allowing you to efficiently incorporate that HDMI source into IP-based video capture and production workflows. It also inputs, encodes and converts NDI signals for output to the HDMI output for recording, editing or streaming via a computer.
The Spark Plus I/O 4K features Power over Ethernet (PoE), a portable size that is easy to mount, analogue audio input and output, programme and preview LEDs, virtual NDI input, multicast mode and NDI network identification.
NewTek Spark Plus I/O 4K HDMI to NDI converter features
- HDMI video input and output with embedded audio
- NDI input and output, compatible with any NDI workflow
- NDI transfer modes: UDP unicast/multicast with error correction (FEC) and TCP unicast
- Support for 4K UHD video at 60 frames per second
- Multicast mode
- Network identification to apply customised device and channel names
- Remote configuration and monitoring via web-based user interface
- 3.5 mm analogue audio line in and out
- Program and preview LED
- Portable and manageable
- NDI virtual input compatible with popular video applications via the included software driver, including Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, etc.