KM switch (keyboard and mouse) that allows the control of up to 4 units connected locally via USB. The unit allows a further identical KM switch to be daisy-chained to extend the control up to 8 computers simultaneously; daisy-chaining is done with Cat5e/6 twisted pair cable and RJ45 connectors. The switch does not require an external power supply as it is powered via USB connections as long as we have a minimum of two active connections.
It incorporates various methods of port selection. Users can switch between connected computers using front panel pushbuttons, keyboard hotkey, mouse cursor, mouse wheel and RS-232 commands. The mouse cursor method adopts Boundless switching technology, which allows users to switch between multiple computers on extended multi-monitor desktops by simply moving the mouse cursor beyond the edges of the screen, in any direction, to instantly select the target computer and have full control.
This feature supports extended desktops with up to four monitors, and up to eight when two switches are daisy-chained, accelerating the switching process between computers for a smooth and seamless user experience. In addition to making multitasking across multiple displays more efficient, this feature is especially useful in emergencies that require immediate computer monitoring and management.
In addition it allows by means of keys of hotkey to switch the audios, integrating a output minijack to combine with a few speakers and to monitor the audio of the connected equipment that we want, and a port frontal USB to connect other peripherals such as a printer. It offers an intuitive GUI-based configuration utility that allows users to customize their cursor motion paths according to the specific monitor layout on the desktop or workstation. The configuration tool is very easy to configure and supports Windows operating systems.
Features of the Aten CS724KM (keyboard & mouse) Switch
- Single USB keyboard and mouse control up to 4 computers
- Daisy-chain two CS724KM units to control up to 8 computers with a single keyboard and mouse
- Boundless switching – simply move the mouse cursor across the display border and onto the corresponding display of the target computer to switch the keyboard/mouse operations from one computer to the next.
- Boundless switching configuration utility* – an intuitive GUI tool that enables users to customize monitor layouts
- Port selection via front panel pushbutton, keyboard hotkey, mouse cursor, mouse wheel, and RS-232 commands
- Independently switch keyboard/ mouse, USB peripheral, and audio focus via hotkeys
- Supports RS-232 serial commands
- Supports Windows operating systems
- No software required
- Bus-powered – no external power adapter required**
* The utility is installed on a separate computer.
** The USB bus-powered design allows the switch to get power from the connected computers. It requires connection to at least two computers to get sufficient power supply.
- 1x 4-port USB Boundless KM Switch
- 4x USB Cables (USB 2.0-A to USB 2.0-B; 1.8m/6ft)
- 4x Audio Cables (1.8m/6ft)
- 1x User Instructions