KVM extender DVI over IP that allows access to a computer system from a remote USB console (USB keyboard, USB mouse, DVI monitor) over an intranet. The Extender allows the connection of a DVI screen at each end.
It has a transmission unit that connects to the computer, and a reception unit that allows access to the console from a remote location. Access to the computer is from the remote console via a TCP/IP network connected via a Cat5e cable that allows point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and point-to-multipoint management. It is useful for use in any type of installation where you need to place the console in a convenient location, but where you want the computer to be in a safe place, away from the keyboard, mouse, and screen being used. As a Matrix Extender you can connect one or more computers to consoles in a variety of ways: one to one (Extender mode), one to several (Splitter mode), several to one (Switch mode) or several to several (Matrix mode).
The Matrix Manager software offers advanced username/password authentication functions, automatic detection of all KE6900 devices on the same subnet, and defines connections that can be switched and shared. The new security features also offer additional protection, supporting 128-bit AES encryption, while RADIUS, LDAP, AD, or remote user authentication technologies offer an additional layer of connection security. Equipped with on-screen menus, RS-232 and Auto MDIX support, it is the most cost-effective and convenient way to have a full digital extension from anywhere on the intranet.
Features of the Aten KE6900 KVM DVI extender
- Remotely access computers on your KVM installation via intranet
- Dual console operation – control your system from both the transmitter and receiver USB keyboard, monitor, and mouse consoles
- RS-232 serial ports – allows you to connect to a serial terminal for configuration, and serial devices such as touchscreens and barcode scanners
- Superior video quality – up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz; 24-bit color depth
- Supports standard VGA resolutions from 640x480 to 1920x1200 at 60Hz
- OSD (On Screen Display) on the Receiver configures both units
- Supports AP GUI operation
- Remote login security
- DVI digital and analog monitor support
- Built-in 8KV/15KV ESD protection and 2KV surge protection
- Supports stereo speakers and stereo microphone
- Auto-MDIX - automatically detects cable type
- Supports widescreen formats
- Support High-Quality Video streaming
- Virtual Media Support
- Hot pluggable
- Rack Mountable
- Upgradeable firmware
Below are the network switches that have passed ATEN's stress tests using the KE Series extenders. Our tests streamed content over a network with a resolution of 1920x1200 @60Hz (KE69 Series) and 3840x2160 @30Hz (KE89 Series), 24bit color depth at 60 frames per second.
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X / Catalyst 2960XR / Catalyst 3750
- HP Procurve 2920
- H3C S5120
- Huawei S5700
- DLink DGS-1510