The JVC GY-HC550 is an handheld ENG camcorder with a 1-inch 4K CMOS sensor combined with a newly developed 20x lens with 3-ring control. With a high-resolution viewfinder, image framing and focus control is easily achieved and can achieve up to 12 steps of dynamic range, with support for BT709, BT2020 and BT2100 HLG colour spaces. It can record to SSD in a wide variety of formats, including 10-bit ProRes422 at 4K resolution and 50/60p frame rates. Other codecs and recording formats such as H.264 and MPEG-2 are also available, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of workflows.
It offers a set of advanced IP connectivity features, offering live streaming in up to FullHD quality, FTP file transfer and remote camera control. Camcorder connectivity is via the camera's USB host port (on the right rear side of the camera), using WiFi, a 3G/4G LTE dongle or an Ethernet (RJ45) adapter. The adapter to be used must be a registered adapter, as each adapter needs drivers implemented in the camera to work. In the case of LTE adapters, these devices must first be pre-set on your local PC. In the case of the wifi network, the wireless network signal receiver is built into the camera itself.
The JVC GY-HC550ESB allows streaming of sports events with graphics from the camera. The GY-HC550ESB has the same features as the GY-HC550E, only it adds a graphics generator for sports and general titling of presenter, location, etc.
It allows the embedding of a customisable sports scoreboard for live streaming and video recording. Scoreboards are available for football, basketball, volleyball, American football and others. The scoreboard score is controlled via Wi-Fi or Ethernet from a Smartphone or Tablet. It also allows the embedding of advertising images, line-ups, announcements, etc.
JVC GY-HC500ESB 4K Camcorder features
- Built-in wireless LAN (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO with external antenna
- Streaming and video transmission overlay
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming
- 4K UHD 60p / 50p ProRes 4:2:2 10bit recording to SSD* 4K UHD 60p / 50p ProRes 4:2:2 10bit recording to SSD*
- Newly developed 4K 20x zoom lens
- 4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- Low latency and high quality transmission up to 20Mbps
- LAN terminal (Streaming / IFB / Remote) plus USB host (v3.0)
- F12 sensitivity
- Lossless dynamic zoom up to 40x
- 4" high resolution LCD monitor
- 1" (effective) CMOS sensor with high image quality
- HDR, HLG or J-Log1 recording (10-bit)
- XLR audio connectors
- 4K UHD 30p / 25p / 24p 4:2:0 8bit recording to SDHC/SDXC card