KVM adapter cable that connects to the DisplayPort and USB graphics card ports on the computer by joining the signals in an RJ45 port to communicate with compatible KVM switches and handle information through a single twisted pair cable; it also carries a USB connector to provide Smart Card/CAC features; it is important to have both USB connections connected so that the adapter receives all the power it needs to operate.
It offers automatic signal compensation according to transmission distance without the need for DIP switches. It also offers professional video quality thanks to chromatic channel offset adjustment technologies to optimize image quality.
Features of the Aten KA7189 Adapter cable
- Connects a KVM switch to the DisplayPort video and USB ports of a target computer*
- Supports Audio De-Embedder
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC), no DIP switch setting needed for different distances
- Keyboard and mouse emulation – keeps your server functioning smoothly when it’s disconnected from the switch's KVM port or is relocated to a different KVM port
- Virtual Media Support**
- Smart Card / CAC Reader Support
- Professional video quality - supports resolution up to 1920x1200**
- Built in ASIC for greater reliability and compatibility
- Compact size
- Firmware upgradeable
*Both USB connectors must be plugged into USB ports on the target computer for the KA7189 to receive sufficient power.
**This maximum resolution may vary depending on the transmission distance. For more details, please refer to the product pages of the connected KVM switches.
- 1x KA7189 KVM Adapter Cable