The LiveU LU220 bonded dual streaming encoder is an excellent contribution encoder for working from remote locations, such as sports stadiums or satellite studios. It can be installed on SNG mobile units, together with the LiveU Xtender, as well as on Ka-Satellite equipment, for a hybrid solution to ensure sufficient bandwidth in remote areas.
The LU220 is a dual-input SDI from SD to 3G-SDI or HDMI 1.4 encoder, with auto-detection, offering great flexibility and resilience. It is capable of transmitting HD video by aggregating multiple network paths, including dual LAN, Wi-Fi, external 3G/4G USB modems and the LiveU Xtender.
With an intuitive front panel and integrated power supply, the LU220 uses LiveU's Reliable Transmission protocol, LRT, to deliver optimized video performance over unreliable networks, such as the public Internet. Seamlessly integrates with LiveU Central, a cloud-based management platform, for full control and monitoring through a browser-compatible device, making the management required for deployments of any size, faster and easier.
LiveU LU220 dual streaming encoder with bonding features
- HW configuration: Dual encoder in 1 RU rack format.
- Supported video resolutions: 1080p50/60/25/30/24, 1080i50/60, 720p50/60/25/30/24, PAL and NTSC.
- Video inputs: 2x 3G/HD/SD/SD-SDI or HDMI 1.4 with input and format auto-detection.
- Video codec: H.264 AVC High Profile.
- Audio codec: AAC-LC.
- Transport protocol: RTP.
- Simultaneous bonding: 2x Ethernet ports for connection to LAN, Satellite (BGAN/KA/KU over IP), 6 external cell phone connections when using the LiveU Xtender, 1x USB compatible with 3G/4G phone modems, and WiFi.
- Supported technologies: 4G LTE, HSPA+, HUSPA, HSDPA, UMTS, CDMA EVDO Rev 0/A/A, Mobile WiMAX and Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g and n.
- Profile selection: Low latency mode and maximum quality mode for increased compensation in unstable networks.
- Multi-destination output: Different audio and video outputs via SDI and H.264 streaming, including connectivity with CDNs.
- Power supply: AC: 100V to 240V.
- Auto-start: This feature allows the device to be powered on together with the vehicle in mobile unit installations.
- Local control: Monitoring and control using display and joystick on the front panel.
- Remote control: Full control via LiveU Central with web browser compatible devices.
- Preview: Video preview and cellular connectivity status including throughput, network delay, etc.
- Reliability and quality: Built-in LiveU Reliable Transport (LRT), which includes proprietary algorithms such as Automatic Bitrate Adaptation (ABR), Forward Error Correction (FEC) and other algorithms for packet recovery. The video encoding bitrate is automatically adjusted.
- Added features: Low latency point-to-point mode, Store & Forward and FTP.
- Data interfaces: 1x USB 2.0, 1x Mini-USB, 2x RJ45 Ethernet, 3.5mm audio output jack, micro-SD, RP-SMA Wi-FI.
- Dimensions: 1 RU, 42.4 H x 434.0 W x 340 D (mm).
- Weight: 4.06 kg (8.94 Lbs).
- Vibration: MIL-STD-810G method 514.6 | Category 4.
- Operating Temperature: -5ºC to +45ºC (23F to 113F).